Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Liberals at Top Colleges are not Hopeless

    I believe that students at top colleges are moving away from impassioned liberalism in droves. Furthermore, I believe they are ripe for recruitment by the alt-right. Having gone to one of these colleges for grad school, I think I have found a few reasons to believe this.
     Firstly, these universities are increasingly Asian. Asians don't give a crap about politics of any sort. They do not vote in their own countries, and they do not have opinions in America. If America goes into the shitter, they will pack up their money and go right back home to Asia. If they lose opportunity here, they will do the same. If whites in America lose our minds and go buttfuck in the streets, they do not care, because they are taught from a young age not to identify with us and our country, and more or less look down on us anyways.
    What this means for the liberals is that their moral signalling over liberal nonsense gets them so much less attention. Not only that, but many Asians will look down on them for what they see as a silly waste of time. Under the Asian way of seeing things, all activities that do not lead to money and proof of some kind of superiority are foolish. They will look at these people and think, "what a waste of time! If they were smart, they would be in the rat race for a job at a top investment bank!" This disapproval is devastation for liberals, as their activism is mostly a means of getting social approval.
    Secondly, the levels of depression, nihilism, and anxiety at these universities are very high. This is predictable to me: diversity tends to be wearing on the psyche. Our instinct is to hate to be in  compromising situations, to use every negative emotion in the book as dis-incentive to get away from them; and constant competition with other subspecies is one such compromising situation.
     The results of people being crazy depressed nihilists is good for us, because this is a psychological state that is actually conducive to new ideas. After all, if you are miserable, you probably are considering that all the ideas that you have previously heard are insufficient. You might be looking for new ideas that work for you. You furthermore will not care too much about such things as inappropriateness and craziness of certain ideas when you are a depressive nihilist. So the people at these universities are not likely to keep their liberalism, and are also likely to accept other ideas.

     So, having argued that these people theoretically might accept our beliefs for certain indirect reasons, do I actually have any direct experiences that would convince me of the same? Of course!
    The first experience was with guys at a frat I drank with once. Without me prompting them (I never bring up politics in real life), they starting talking about Trump. They mentioned that they would like to put Trump banners all over their frat house to trigger some people.
    The second experience was hearing some law students joking about safe spaces on a bus.
    The third and most powerful experience was with a liberal girl I liked. She did not like her experience at the university. She told me that she felt that people there were assholes. But then, she said she wondered if she was an asshole, as she felt that sometimes she was being intolerant of others' opinions in class discussions. (I said nothing to her, I just let her talk)
    That was shocking. I had never seen a liberal on the defensive about their beliefs. I have never seen a liberal struggle with doubt. That the liberals might be doubting is a huge gain for us.

 So take from this what you will. I personally believe that, if the alt-right provides better argument and analysis than other political outlets, we will draw some of the smartest and richest in the world. It is not them, but the moderately smart people from all-white environments who are impossible to persuade.



No comments:

Post a Comment